For all who advise on cross-border disputes, legal professional privilege is a real and very important issue; advice that is privileged in one country may not be protected in others and even within a jurisdiction, the scope and application of legal professional privilege is the subject of debate.
Linklaters have put together this comparative guide to the law and practice relating to legal professional privilege in 24 jurisdictions across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific, providing quick answers to these basic questions:
- Is the concept of disclosure of documents recognised?
- Is a right to privilege recognised?
- If so, what types of document may be privileged?
- Is the concept of in-house lawyer privilege recognised?
- Are there any limiting factors?
You’ll have to login to Linklaters’ Knowledge Portal to access this guide.